Linwood Estate is a private estate hosting only one event per weekend or per day, depending on your rental. All buildings are climate-controlled offering comfort year-round. Please find additional questions/answers below regarding our venue.
What is included in event venue rental?
- Exclusive use of your choice of location for your ceremony, cocktail hour and reception the day of the event. Locations include: The North or East Lawns, Linwood Gardens, Linwood Mansion, the Blue Mountain Terrace, and The Appalachian Ballroom with Norfolk Overlook. Clients receive full access to the entire first floor of Linwood Mansion during the event, which includes 6 rooms, 1 bathroom
- Use of the grounds for photography
- *Up to 6 Hours of event time the day of your event, depending on your package.
- Cocktail high-top tables
- White padded ceremony chairs
- Birch wood 72-inch round tables
- Fruitwood Chiavari chairs
- Cake table, gift table, place card table
- One-hour rehearsal based on your rental and Linwood’s booking schedule
- Complimentary Wifi
- Golf cart transport service around property
- Year-round climate control
Weddings: Most packages include the use of the Bridal Parlor for the bride and bridesmaids plus use of the Cottage for the groom and groomsmen. Additional amenities are available in each of our packages. Please see specifics on our Weddings page.
* Most wedding packages include 6 hours of event time. You may elect to use your 6 hours of event time from 1:00 pm-7:00 pm, 2:00 pm-8:00 pm, 3:00 pm -9:00 pm, or 4:00 pm-10:00 pm. Social events must rent a minimum of 3 hours. All events must conclude by 10:00 pm.
Do you offer onsite catering?
We have selected C&J Catering and Premier Catering to provide exclusive catering services. They have demonstrated their excellence in culinary expertise, presentation, and a proven ability to create an exceptional dining experience.
Do you allow BYOB for events?
As of March 2020, we do allow BYOB for events but in the near future, all alcohol for all events must be purchased through Linwood Estate. We are partnering with a local distillery to bring you the very best in hand-crafted spirits along with a special selection of premium wines, and Pennsylvania craft beer. We will also provide the bar staff for your day.
How many people can your venue accommodate?
Our ballroom holds up to 275 comfortably. We can accommodate larger events on our North Lawn which may be tented and has room for 500 guests.
Is there parking onsite for guests?
Yes, all parking is located by the ballroom. Upon your guests’ arrival, Linwood’s staff greets your guests by the mansion and provides directions to the parking area.
Do you require that we use a Day-Of Coordinator or a Wedding Planner?
Linwood Estate requires the use of a Day of Coordinator/Wedding Coordinator for weddings. We will happily provide any support you will need on the day of your wedding, however, our staff’s priority is to handle any property issues that may occur. A dedicated coordinator is an import liaison between the estate and you to help facilitate such items as your place cards, décor, and keeping your wedding on schedule. A list of coordinators are available on our Preferred Vendors tab.
Do you provide a golf cart for my guests during the event?
Yes, we provide a golf cart and driver to accommodate your guests that may need assistance.
Is your venue accessible for wheelchairs?
Yes, our venue is ADA compliant. A ramp is located at one entrance of the ballroom as well as reserved parking spaces are available for anyone needing assistance. During events, we offer a golf cart service to provide rides from one part of the venue to another. In addition, we offer 2 ADA compliant bedrooms – one is located in our Cottage and the other is located at the Whitaker House. All public restrooms on the property are ADA compliant.